A blog on gardening, life by the sea, photography and wildlife

Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Apple iphone 4 camera

I usually carry a little Fuji compact camera with me but because it needed some attention I used my smartphone camera for the first time on a number of late afternoon shots around Eastbourne.
It has been said that smartphone cameras are one of the reasons for the drop in sales of conventional cameras, and maybe Jessops sales suffered as a result I was sad to see them close I started dealing with them (along  with Dixons) from the first time they appeared on the high street.
My own view is that they really have improved over time, (the resolution considering the really tiny lens is excellent) and do fulfil most needs, mine included for certain pictures. I have previously posted one or two of these pictures before but I show them again for effect. A USB cable uploads them from the phone to my PC I then put them through Windows Live photo viewer for basic editing.
Bexhill looking towards Eastbourne

Same view without the boat

Holywell Eastbourne

Eastbourne Pier

Looking towards Beachy Head


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos by any standard. Composition still counts for a lot, whatever type of camera you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those images from your smartphone are lovely, the colours are wonderful.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, I especially like the second one. Cheers, Flighty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, especially of the sunset. I see you can get different lenses now for the i phones, amazing!, Still not tempted though :) Very sad about Jessops, they were one of the few places that actually had knowledgeable staff. I bought my last few cameras in our local one, but guess they can't compete with all the big "tax dodging" companies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comments,have to confess didn`t know about the different lenses for iphone

      Delete
  5. Fantastic photos David, you have talent. Noticed you ipheons in you previous post- oh the balmy south, mine are barely showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger, the weather has not been that sunny lately though so hoping for better weather soon, all the best, David

      Delete