A blog on gardening, life by the sea, photography and wildlife

Friday 7 December 2012

Winter Jasmine

It has been a while since my last post, it has been a pretty awful year on the plot with nothing doing really well owing to the saturated soil for most of the year. We harvested broad beans potatoes, and runner beans, beetroot did reasonably well, carrots and peas just didn`t happen along with lots of others plotters.
We planted a few Brussels sprouts  which I had a reasonable amount of, apart from the clouds of whitefly which appeared every time I picked some. I was also given some Jerusalem artichokes to try by a fellow plot holder but these along with sprouts give both Judi and I "wind in the willows" so I am not going to grow either next year, they seem to be love `em or hate `em vegetables
Not much colour in the garden or plot at the moment but the winter jasmine has just started flowering in our porch giving it some much needed colour, I have a Nikon D70s camera which had loads of dust on the sensor so after cleaning with lens cleaner and cotton buds I used this photo to see whether it had been successful, it has.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, David. The contrast between blue and yellow works particularly well - as evidenced by your blog's header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely photograph to brighten up this winters day.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete