A blog on gardening, life by the sea, photography and wildlife

Saturday 25 August 2012

Limnanthes douglasii

I am going to sow the seeds for lots of these lovely poached egg flowers on the plot next season along with a mix of sunflowers, dahlias, gladioli, pot marigolds, and nasturtium of various colours. I am adding to that list after reading a post on Stokesia laevis in a lovely blog that I follow.
With my plot undergoing a total weed-killer application (see a previous post) this autumn I will be in need of some much needed colour next spring/summer and it will be great to see the bees and hopefully more butterflies returning.


Nikon D40 50mm 1.8 manual focus 4x close up filter ISO-800 1/60 sec f22 aperture priority

1 comment:

  1. Terrific photo. All lovely flowers, and I've made a note to send you some nasturtium and pot marigold seed that I've just started collecting/sorting. I'll email you when ready. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete