A blog on gardening, life by the sea, photography and wildlife

Thursday 2 November 2017

A very surprising 50p purchase and its not the goat

I've had a Nikon D200 digital camera for some years but haven't used it for a long while since changing over to Canon cameras and lenses.
I happened upon, in a junk shop, a very early first model Nikon 18-55mm plastic bodied lens with fungus inside and a scratched front element for 50p not expecting much I popped it on the camera and got this frankly surprising sharp and well defined picture of a goat and fishing lake at our local farm shop.
A closer look revealed the fungus and lens scratches were towards the edges of the glass, so at f7.1 (the aperture of these pictures) wouldn't appear but wide open at f3.5 they probably would, so the lens will likely be of limited use for indoor work........still, I now have a usable lens/camera combination.








2 comments:

  1. When I saw the thumbnail to your post on my blog sidebar, I thought you had bought a goat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A goat for 50p would be a bargain mind you we both like goats cheese and goats milk,

    ReplyDelete